The Silkeborg Bunkermuseum is located in the park by the Art Centre Silkeborg Bad. The museum has been established in a WW2 personnel bunker, and is operated by a private interest group. Silkeborg Bad played a central role during the German occupation of Denmark. From November 1943 until June 1945 the area was field headquarters for the German high commander in Denmark. The first barracks and bunkers were constructed in March 1943, and more followed – a total of over fourty concrete constructions were built, and twelve of those are bunkers with two-meter thick walls. After the end of the occupation many German refugees were housed in the area.
Open Sundays 13.00 – 16.00 or by special arrangement. Contact email@example.com, +45 86813885.